Tuesday 13 November 2012

A girl doesn't read this sort of thing without her lipstick

Breakfast at Tiffany's - Truman Capote










This is a quick post, as I know that we haven't been posting too regularly since November hit. I do have a valid excuse though. I'm ill! I have like a cold/flu thing. It's awful, I hate being ill!
Just thought I would share what has been keeping me going this past week. 
1- December Vogue || This is perfect for when your ill, there are articles if you feel up to a bit of light reading, and amazing editorials for when all the words start to blur and meld into a jumble of indecipherable letters. 
2 - Studded Slippers || These beauties are from Topshop and are hands down my favourite flats at the moment. I picked these over the others because they look velvety and I love opulent fabrics! You can get them here.
3 - Paco Rabanne 'Lady Million' || I adore everything about this perfume, the way it smells and especially the way it looks. I'm a sucker for anything pretty, and this is pretty. My mum brought me this for my 18th and I'm still only half way through it! I literally only use about 2-3 squirts and it lasts all day. It really is lovely without being overpowering.
4 - Olbas Oil || Lifesaver. It helps a lot when you've got a cold and are having trouble breathing. 
5 - Jakemans Cough Sweets || My mum swears by these, and I find them better than soothers or strepsils. 
6 - Pixie || Because who says a feline friend can't help you feel better?
7 - Breakfast at Tiffany's || I've never got round to reading this until just recently. I knew it was about a girl called Holly Golightly, and that was about it. I was surprised when I read it, as it wasn't what I expected. I've read Truman Capote's faction 'In Cold Blood' (it was an A Level book) and he is an author who wrote to make you think twice and really put across a lot of, sometimes, uncomfortable issues. Now, I'm looking forward to finally watching the film! Audrey Hepburn? Yes. Please.
8 - Cameo Brooch || This was a gift from Irsa, and I freaking love it! It's so so so me, and you'll probably see it featured a lot on the blog from now on. For some reason I only wear brooches in Autumn/Winter. Is that weird? 

I have been living of Heinz Tomato Soup and lots and lots of hot tea. I've been using honey instead of sugar, because everyone knows honey is supposed to have healing properties! Haha, I'm clutching at straws really. 
Anybody have any other things they always use when they're unwell? Please do tell! 

Ambreen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!