Sunday 25 November 2012

Listen to them, the children of the night

Dracula - Bram Stoker











Happy Sunday all! I'm in surprisingly upbeat mood for a Sunday. Usually I have a case of the Oh-No-It's-Monday-Tomorrow-Itis but not today! I think it has something to do with the fact that I woke up to a cold, clear, crisp winter morning. I absolutely love them!
Anyway, I thought I'd show you guys what I'm loving this week. 
1- Asos Blouse | This is amazing, I was wary of ordering it at first as I'm not a flowery sort of person, but it is stunning. The colours are incredibly vibrant and I think it's the perfect item to add that pop of colour in to your usual winter wardrobe. 
2- Bram Stoker's Dracula | I found this in Blackwell's whilst searching for books I needed for my university course. I usually buy classics from charity shops or old bookshops as I prefer the older hardback versions of the books, but when I saw this, I just had to get it! It's so pretty, and I now have one more book to add to the hundreds of books I already own! Someday I plan to have a library in my house, with floor to ceiling shelves filled with hundreds of books, a bay window with a window seat and a huge fire place. We're allowed to dream, right? 
3- Scrabble Ring | It's cute and it's quirky, and I really need to start wearing it more. 
4- Gold Bracelet | My dad bought me this gold bracelet from Singapore a few years ago. I've hardly ever worn it, as I'm always scared I'm going to lose it. It's incredibly delicate and intricate, and I have this fear of breaking it. However as my 19th birthday is fast approaching, I think I can now safely wear it without worrying (too much). 
5- 17 Wild Curls Mascara | I hardly ever wear makeup any more, I went through this phase a couple of years ago when I couldn't go a day without wearing makeup. But that phase has passed, and my nearest and dearest know that if I'm wearing eyeliner and mascara that it's a special occasion! Hahah, anyway this was a freebie from the freshers fair, and I've never worn anything from the 17 brand before. For me personally, I think it's a great day mascara, it gives length and curl, without clumping, and it doesn't start flaking away during the day! I've started wearing mascara now, but only on the days I'm off to work! (More on that on another post!)
6- Framed Illustration | I picked this up in Red Cross because of the frame, I've been collecting gold toned frames for awhile as I'm planning to redecorate my wall in my room. I didn't really look at the illustration until later, and I think I'm going to keep it in the frame! It has kittens on it, and reminds me of the Aristocats and of course my very own Pixie! 
As per usual, Pixie decided she wanted attention while I was taking these photographs hence the reason she's in them! I also caught her hiding behind my curtain, it's her favourite spot at the moment. She comes back with extremely cold paws though. 

Ambreen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts!